Thursday 28 April 2011

Oh God

The last few weeks have been kind of hectic. We've actually done the whole project now, and I realised today that yet again I have been neglecting my blog! So that's not good. I'll be posting a lot this next week then, because I've got some research that I've done that I want to put up before I put up the test shoots and actual photos.
BUT in this blog, I just want to go through the outfits that we chose, as we're a group of four photographers, so we each had to do a bit of styling as well as photographing.
We each were in charge of styling one of the five stereotypes we have shown, and I was in charge of the "Myspace" rocker outfit. For this I chose an oversized tee shirt with skeletons on it, ripped shorts, leather jacket, patterned leggings and studded black high heels. I also chose rocker-ish jewellery and accessories to go with the theme, such as a black studded belt, sunglasses, and silver / black bangles and necklaces. We also decided that we might use props in our photographs, so I took some photographs of the model playing an electric guitar, as this goes with the "Myspace" theme, as Myspace has become more about the music scene over the past few years.

Other outfits include :
Twitter - Gossip - White dress, blue blazer and pumps. Accessories - Satchel style bag, pearl-like / gold jewellery. Props - mobile phone.
Tumblr - Arty - Assortment of colourful tee shirts, mainly red, black waistcoat, black shorts, patterned tights, black ballet-pumps. Accessories - Lots of colourful bangles and necklaces. Props - Picture frame.
Facebook - Prom Queen / Popular - Red prom style dress, stilletto heels. Accessories - Silver tiara.
Youtube - Geeky - Checked shirt, black skirt. Accessories - Fluffy hair ties, suspenders, geek glasses.

I think we managed to get the outfits quite accurate to the stereotypes we were trying to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment