Thursday 28 April 2011

POSE RESEARCH!!!

So I didnt need much research into clothing or anything, as I kind of knew how Rocker type people dress from years of wearing the look myself. I also didnt really need to do much research in the way of shooting techniques, because we all decided that we were going to use the same lighting set-ups to make the editorial look kind of like a "high school year book" kind of thing, just using different coloured backgrounds for a few of the outfits just to give a bit of change to the look of the photographs so that they didnt all look the same.

What I really felt like I needed to research though was the kind of poses that I could try and get the model to do, so that's what I'm going to put on here before I put up the photos from the test shoot and final photographs.

We decided that we would each style and photograph the same stereotype, so I shot and styled the "Myspace" theme. This meant that when looking for inspirations for poses, I looked mainly for rockstar poses, live band photographs, and stuff like that. Here are the images that I found.


I think this pose is really interesting because of the props. I tried a couple of shots using this kind of pose when we did the actual shoot, as it gets across the attitude of a rock star, whilst also making sure you can see all the clothes and styling, and so helping in the fashion element as well.

I think this pose is only really interesting because of the person who is being photographed, rather than the pose itself. The tattoos, hair and clothing are what make this photograph stand out, and the pose itself is quite plain. Which in a way is quite good.

 I didnt do any shots like this because I obviously wasn't shooting a live band, and so it would have been difficult to get the energy right, and not make it look too posed. I decided to put this in here anyway, as I think it is a really interesting pose and it would have been great if I could have gotten the energy in the photograph to create such an unposed and interesting look.
 This pose was fairly obvious when thinking about Myspace and Rock stars. This hand gesture is used a lot in the Rocker world, and in my photographs that I took, because I think it is something which people would relate to the stereotype of "Rocker" and "Myspace".
I put this in because I wanted to get a photo kind of like this with the model playing an instrument. Unfortunately the model we got didnt know how to play so it didn't quite work the way I wanted it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment